Monday, November 26, 2012

Tarot books

These are the main Tarot books I use at the moment.

Spiritual Tarot
I've had this one for years - its pretty good - includes detailed descriptions of the cards of three decks - the Rider-Waite, Aquarian and Morgan-Greer. It also has questions to think about when the card comes up in a reading.. this is the oldest Tarot book to survive my possession :)
 

Druid Craft Tarot
This is the book that came with the current deck I'm using. I like the Druid/Celtic mythology behind the imagery on the cards. The only problem I have with this deck is that Temperance is The Fferyllt, The Devil is Cernunnos, The Empress and The Emperor are the Lady and the Lord, Judgement is Rebirth, Pages are Princesses and Knights are Princes. It's a little bit distracting. As I become more familiar with Celtic based Wicca, I'm sure it will make more sense.


 Tarot Made Easy
This book really does make it easy. It has definitions for each card in categories such as Focus, Outcome, Travel, Home, Work, Romance, Esoteric and Mundane guidance and so on. There are about 20 different ones. It doesn't really discuss the imagery or mythology - it's useful for a quick reference.
 


The Mythic Tarot Book
This book came with a previous deck I was using (and now cannot find ) - based on Greek Mythology. I really liked the mythology behind the images on these cards too. The funny thing was the hero in this deck looked exactly like the boy I had a crush on at the time. (yes.. this was high school) And in some parts, he is naked..



                                      





No comments:

Post a Comment