Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A year and a day... In the beginning...

There is so much to learn in the Wiccan Religion. The point of this year and a day is to absorb the spirituality of it all, and decide if it is right for you. There is so much infomation on the internet and in books that I'm finding it hard to focus. I have documents all over the place and I haven't bought books for my Book of Serendipity* or my Wiccapades* so there is no structure, no order.

The Year and a Day organised through Facestalk fell through, and I have found myself in a small and lovely group of kindred spirits, and we have the fabulous Twin Moons to teach us the basics of what we should know. It has also made me look around for how I can find the infomation myself.

And then I remembered this blog :) This will help me keep everything organised as a nice summary of what I have learnt.



The Sign of the Triple Goddess

Well that is the intention anyway.
 
The whole thing about Wicca is that you are on a path to find your own spirituality - and if you follow the eclectic universal form- you get to take bits and pieces to suit your own style - a bit like me and religion really. I do find a dark side to this though - what about those self-serving types who can reason or rationalise everything they do, despite it being evil or simply to the detriment of others or themselves?
 
That is where the Wiccan Rede comes in - Do as you will, so long as you harm none. .. not quite the way they say it - but that is what it means :)
 
To find my way in Wicca - I'll start off by learning these things, in no particular order - but when the time feels right.. I will do it :)
 
                                                  History and Origin of Wicca
The Different Kinds of Wicca
The Deities, The Elements and other energies 
The Special Occasions in Wicca
Rituals and Spellcasting
The Tools of the Trade
Herbology
Astrology
Crystals and Gemstones
Tarot, Runes and other Divinatory devices
Dreams
Meditation and Positive Energy
 
 
These are all I can think of now. While the Book of Shadows is a personal journey through Wicca, this will be my base for learning. I find that if I have to condense it into one thing to be on here, I will actually collate all the info I have and condense it. And reference where I got it from :)
 
So let the journey begin!
 

*Both titles are pending, and hereby copyrighted - must look into Trademark :)

While I am here - let me share some of the sources from which I'll get infomation - it's all paraphrased in my own words, but I've based my ideas on the following -
  • The Wiccan Sisters Facebook Group, in particular Moonsong Rain and Moonbeam Raven;
  • Magicka School and their publication 'Wicca Revealed';
  • Scott Cunningham- Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner;
  • Raymond Buckland - Complete Book of Witchcraft;
  • Lady Sabrina - Exploring Wicca.

There will be more.. and I'll add them here when they are used :)

No comments:

Post a Comment