Monday, June 17, 2013

Geb - The Eye of Horus


I have decided to start posting about the gods and goddesses of Ancient Egypt. I bought the Eye of Horus Divination kit when I was in my teens, and despite losing the book and finding it again, I still actually have it in my possession. That means something, believe me!

I would recommend buying this book - it comes with meditation, divination meanings and positive affirmations. A great introduction to the Egyptian pantheon. I have to admit I don't know much about it, so I am learning too!

So who was Geb?
  • Father of the Gods, linked to throne of Egypt
  • Brother and husband of Sky Goddess Nut
  • Provides the fruits of the earth
  • The hieroglyph of his name is the symbol for a white-fronted goose.
  • Colour - lush green of vegetation.
(Lawson, David, 1996, The Eye of Horus, Simon & Schuster Australia)

No comments:

Post a Comment