Friday, July 5, 2013

Min - God of Fertility


Wow. This is awkward. I'm guessing I have a lot of repressed sexual energy, cos I feel like a total prude right now. Hahaha! I didn't really know about Min before I googled his image - just saw the name was the next one in the list - and all of a sudden, all this pictures of statues and drawings of the god with a massive erect penis are in my face.

He should be proud. It is no 'min(i)'. And typically, like any man, there are statues of him proudly holding it. I dunno. I had to find the most unobvious picture of Min and is doodle I could. Call it my prudish western modern sensibilities. I was tempted to add the sentence "I have a giant donger" to the affirmations above. I'm sure as far as affirmations go, this one could be helpful! 

Also watching the Pyramid Code, I learnt that the crowns on their heads actually depict the lymph glands - which coincide with the chakras. I find that fascinating - so I gotta find out which one this is. Probably one of the lower chakras... :)

So in case you are wondering about Min
  • He represents sexual procreation. His fertility and blatant sexual power are symbolised by his erect phallus at a right angle to his body.
  • He protected the eastern desert and often shown with a whip to destroy enemies.
  • He has two high plumes on his head with ribbon (ok, so not lymph glands)
  • Similarities to Pan, the Greek God. He could have been his forerunner, as he is a nature spirit who celebrates the fertility of the earth and the free sexuality of living things.
  • Associated with fertile vegetation and thunder.
  • His colours are orange, yellow and green.
(Lawson 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment